The occurrence of any fire has the potential to cause severe damage to both life and property. A Fire Safety Audit is the most effective tool for assessing the fire safety standards of your facility. It helps the owners to identify areas where improvement can be made and develop an action plan, in addition to emergency preparedness and mock drills.
DMC fire safety consultant are carrying out regular Fire Safety Audits for High Rise Buildings, Hotels, Banks, Small, Medium and Large Scale Industries and more. Our team carries out fire safety audit as per various IS standards such as the Standard for Automatic Fire Detection and Alarm System, Code of Practice for Selection, Installation and Maintenance of Emergency Fire Extinguishers, National Building Code, 2005,Code of Practice for Fire Safety of Buildings and all the other relevant safety standards necessary to identify all hazards requiring corrective & preventive actions. We also help you to prepare emergency plans for fire safety and conduct mock drills.
The main focus of these fire safety audits is: Identification & control of ignition sources in areas where flammable chemicals are stored / handled / transferred.
- Review of chemical compatibility in storage areas and to suggest appropriate fire loss control measures
- Review of electrical hazard which are potential causes of fire
- Review of fire detection measures adopted & to suggest suitable improvement measures
- Review of the various active (fire hydrant, sprinkler, portable fire extinguishers) and passive fire protection requirements for chemical storage and handling areas and to suggest improvements as necessary
- Review of Fire Alarm system and emergency fire system of plantReview of contractor safety awareness (chemical spill, fire fighting, emergency communication, knowledge of plant hazards & safety regulations) and to recommend suitable improvement measures to enhance contractor safety
- Review of safety awareness and safety training requirements (training identification and efficacy) of employees with respect to hazards present